The Vegan MoFo III survey (Because I know you're just dying to read my answers.)
1. Favorite non-dairy milk?
I've been making my own soymilk lately, but I really like hazelnut milk.
2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook?
Chili, GF scones (I hope to perfect these!) and something with potatoes (I'm really not good with recipes - I just wing it).
3. Topping of choice for popcorn?
I rarely eat popcorn, but if I do, I like some EB and salt on it.
4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure?
I tried to cook some kind of zucchini noodle peanutty sauce thing for a boyfriend once and it was almost inedible. (So much for making a good impression.)
5. Favorite pickled item?
6. How do you organize your recipes?
7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal?
Trash and recycle.
8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods…what would they be (don’t worry about how you’ll cook them)?
Rice, avocados and tomatoes.
9. Fondest food memory from your childhood?
I remember food being a big deal whenever we were with my (maternal) grandparents, whether it was for the holidays or not. My grandfather was a bit of a gourmand and always had something tasty on the table.
10. Favorite vegan ice cream?
Luna & Larry's Coconut Bliss, any flavor (except that strawberry lemon crap).
11. Most loved kitchen appliance?
My wine key. (What's good food without good wine?)
12. Spice/herb you would die without?
Cilantro - I don't care what you say!
13. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time?
The Vegetarian Epicure, Book Two by Anna Thomas (1979 edition). I received this cookbook when my grandfather passed away. I believe it was given to him by one of my aunts.
14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly?
15. Favorite vegan recipe to serve to an omni friend?
My own quinoa chili.
16. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh?
17. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)?
18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator?
Cookbooks, a bottle of vermouth and (vegan) dog food.
19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking.
Liquor (I'm not a lush, I swear), tempeh and green beans.
20. What’s on your grocery list?
Apples, onions, coconut milk... I don't usually make shopping lists, I just grab what looks good. Dangerous, I know.
21. Favorite grocery store?
22. Name a recipe you’d love to veganize, but haven’t yet
23. Food blog you read the most (besides Isa’s because I know you check it everyday). Or maybe the top 3?
vegandad.blogspot.com, veganyumyum.com, 101cookbooks.com (not vegan)
24. Favorite vegan candy/chocolate?
Endangered Species chocolate bars.
25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately?
An $8 gluten free baking mix.
26. Ingredients you are scared to work with?
Whole artichokes, hot peppers and fresh okra.